Friday, December 28, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Les Miserables

Hope you all had a happy and safe holiday!  Today's freestyle selection is one that is near and dear to my heart.  Fair warning though--if you HATE musicals, then exit out of this post now and don't look back.

As for you non-haters out there, Les Miserables, one of the best musicals ever created has just been turned into a major motion picture (which I am seeing next week with my musical-loving friend Angela).  The first time I saw the Broadway play was when I was 12--it was the first Broadway show I had been to and it always stayed with me.  Some of the most beautiful songs ever written come from this show ("I Dreamed a Dream", "On My Own", "A Little Fall of Rain") and while I know the movie isn't a sing-a-long, my friend and I will totally make it one.  So apologies in advance if you happen to be in the same theater as us.

Below is a playlist of London's West End cast of Les Miz.  If this version of "I Dreamed a Dream" doesn't break your heart, you are dead inside.  Enjoy!

Les Miserables by Primp My Bride on Grooveshark

0 comments:

Post a Comment