Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY: Oh Sh*t Kit

Disclaimer: I wish I made up the name "Oh Shit Kit" but alas I saw it on OffBeat Bride while looking for inspo for my bridal emergency kit.  It's just way more fun to say than "bridal emergency kit".

As I've mentioned many times here, I'm the furthest from a DIY'er as you can be.  However this week I have a number of projects I'm working on that I consider to be DIY (not in an arts-and-crafts kind of way but more in a gather-random-things-and-put-them-in-bags kind of way).  So to start off, I wanted to share my first project that was super simple and very necessary in case of wedding day beauty emergencies.  Hence, the Oh Shit Kit in two simple steps.

Step One: get a one gallon Ziploc bag to hold all your items.  
Step Two: Jam all the items Place the items below into said Ziploc bag in an orderly fashion.  That's it!

Here's a breakdown of what's included in my kit--about 90% of the items were things I already had around the house so I'm giving myself points for saving some dough.

All photos are personal.
                               
Items Owned

Beauty
  • Q-Tips
  • Cotton pads
  • Bobby pins
  • Makeup sharpener
  • Makeup remover
  • Nail File
  • Clear nail polish
  • Deodorant
  • Lotion
  • Chapstick
  • Hair ties
  • Tweezers
  • Grooming scissors 
Body
  • Personal wipes
  • Panty liners
  • Emergen-C
  • Gas-X
  • Tums
  • Cough drops
  • Ibuprofen
  • Floss
Miscellaneous
  • Sewing kit
  • Safety pins
  • Super Glue (you never know if someone's heel may break!)
  • Tide Stick
  • White Chalk (to cover up wedding dress stains)
Items Purchased
  • Double-Sided Fashion Tape: $8.47 (Amazon)
  • Banaid Friction Block (to prevent shoe blisters): $5.69 (Target)
  • Clear Bandaids: $2.79 (Target)
  • Nail Polish Remover: $0.97 (Target)
Total: $17.92
I'm actually surprised that everything fit into one Ziploc bag
And there you have it!  Will you be making your own "Oh Shit" kit?  Are there any vital items missing from mine? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment