As I've mentioned many times here, I'm the furthest from a DIY'er as you can be. However this week I have a number of projects I'm working on that I consider to be DIY (not in an arts-and-crafts kind of way but more in a gather-random-things-and-put-them-in-bags kind of way). So to start off, I wanted to share my first project that was super simple and very necessary in case of wedding day beauty emergencies. Hence, the Oh Shit Kit in two simple steps.
Step One: get a one gallon Ziploc bag to hold all your items.
Here's a breakdown of what's included in my kit--about 90% of the items were things I already had around the house so I'm giving myself points for saving some dough.
All photos are personal.
- Cotton pads
- Bobby pins
- Makeup sharpener
- Makeup remover
- Nail File
- Clear nail polish
- Hair ties
- Grooming scissors
- Personal wipes
- Panty liners
- Cough drops
- Sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Super Glue (you never know if someone's heel may break!)
- Tide Stick
- White Chalk (to cover up wedding dress stains)
- Double-Sided Fashion Tape: $8.47 (Amazon)
- Banaid Friction Block (to prevent shoe blisters): $5.69 (Target)
- Clear Bandaids: $2.79 (Target)
- Nail Polish Remover: $0.97 (Target)
|I'm actually surprised that everything fit into one Ziploc bag|