All photos by Sarelle Photos
Brother Rolph started off by greeting our guests in both English and French, and then said the following beautiful words. FYI, I've bolded the lines below that resonated the most with me.
"Martine and Christopher, we, as witnesses, bind ourselves, to the labor of love that both of you are undertaking here now. True marriage means to be a friend and a partner, to be open with each other, to trust and reveal yourselves to each other, even as a rose opens to reveal its beauty and fragrance. Allow each other to be an individual. Accept your partner as you yourself would wish to be accepted. Provide a refuge and sanctuary for one another, let your marriage be a true center of peace, harmony and warmth of soul and spirit. Encourage one another, have confidence in each other and love one another. Love is your river of life, the eternal source of re-creation."
Next, my cousin Christina did the first reading--an excerpt from "The Prophet" by Khalil Gabran.
"Love one another, but make not a bond of love
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cup, but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread, but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping; For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts. And stand together yet not too near together; For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow."
Afterwards, my cousin Tiffany did the second reading, "A Traditional Irish Blessing".
"May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May God be with you and bless you; May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune, Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.
May the road rise to meet you, May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on, May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you, May true be the hearts that love you."
Next up, our tearjerker vows. Get your tissues ready!
Miss a recap? Fret not! Catch up below;
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!