Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Primp My Bride Real Weddings - New York City Couple's Romantic Destination Wedding in St. Augustine, Florida

We are launching a new Primp My Bride blogging series where we talk to real brides about their wedding and their top 10 favorite moments from their wedding day.  Check out our first couple Amanda & Tony's story below!


When and where was your wedding?
Our wedding was on October 25, 2013 in St. Augustine, Florida.

How long did it take to plan your wedding?
It took us a year and a half to plan our wedding.  After we decided on an October wedding, we started researching venues in St. Augustine & Palm Coast.  We narrowed down our list of venues, then booked tickets down to Florida to check them out in person. We had our venue booked by August 2012, about two months after we got engaged. Once we had the venue picked, we had a little over a year to plan the rest. I'm happy we had all that time because the overall process wasn't too stressful!

  
When did you know that your wedding dress was "the one"?
I fell in love with so many different aspects of my Mori Lee lace vintage wedding dress: the gorgeous, elegant lace pattern, the beautiful eggshell color, the mermaid cut of the dress, the way the dress hugged my body and really showed off my curves, the sweetheart neckline, the deep "V" in the back that was accented with delicate buttons (both were a must-have for me). Overall, I just felt confident, comfortable and sexy! 

When I tried on the dress with the vintage belt & veil and walked out of the dressing room, I caught the look on my mom's face.  I looked in the mirror and for the first time saw myself as a bride.  In that moment, I knew that this dress was the one. 


 What are your top 10 favorite moments from your wedding?
10) The awesome weather! There were torrential downpours for months leading up to the wedding weekend festivities. This had me very worried because the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all outdoors. When I woke up to a beautiful, cloudless sky at the perfect temperature of 75 degrees the day of the wedding, I was over the moon. 


9) Seeing my vision come to life after over a year of planning!

8) Having my family from all over the US reunited together to celebrate such a joyous occasion/milestone in our family makes me unbelievably happy. Some of our family hadn't seen each other in a while so to have them all together for our wedding was surreal. 

7) Having all of my closest friends from all the different phases in my life (Highschool, College, Ft. Lauderdale, NYC) all in one place bonding, dancing, laughing and having a good time together.

 6) Having Tony's parents and sisters finally meet my parents after 6 years of dating. 

5) Having my niece Zoe (the light of my life) as my Flower Girl.

4) Having my 88 year-old Grandma (my only living Grandparent) there to see me walk down the aisle.

3) Seeing how happy and proud my parents and brother were the whole wedding weekend and wedding day. They had such a good time and for my husband and I to be able to give them such a special experience fills our hearts with such joy and love. 

2) Sharing the special moments with my Dad that I've dreamed of since I was a little girl - having him walk me down the aisle and sharing our father/daughter dance.

1) Marrying my best friend & seeing the man with whom I'm supposed to walk through life, standing there waiting for me at the end of the aisle. 

Photography Credit:  Kris Graham Photography

Wedding Vendors
Venue: Casa Monica Hotel 
Photographer: Kris Graham Photography 
DJ: Lethal Rhythms, DJ Joel Rabe
Florist: RKD Weddings
Officiant: Shannon Andersen
Cake/Cupcakes: Sweet Weddings
Day of Coordinator: Sarah Grace @ The Big Event 
Wedding Planner: This Modern Love Events
Photobooth: Shutterbooth Jacksonville
Hair & Makeup: Mandy Rupp
Ceremony & Cocktail Music: Flamenco Guitarist, Eddy Lugo

3 comments:

  1. Aww what a beautiful wedding! I love the photo with the bubbles. How else did she capture her special day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous?? The wedding was romantic and elegant, with some beach-y elements included (like the sand ceremony, beach shell name cards, etc.)

      Delete
  2. That is the perfect touch to go with a mermaid cut dress! And the sand ceremony is really unique. I read about another bride who had an amazing Florida wedding, and she also had terrible weather until the day of! I love when little things like the sun can make a special day even better.

    http://www.storymixmedia.com/weddings/blog/2012/04/real-wedding-krista-justin-at-the-ritz-carlton-beach-club-in-lido-key/ <This is her story!

    ReplyDelete