Well hello there hive!! We're finally back from our honeymoon in Australia and New Zealand (and fully recovered from a serious case of jetlag)!! It was without a doubt, the BEST trip of my life. But before I delve into our tales from down under, let's finish where we left off with my wedding recaps :)
With the ceremony recaps wrapped up, I want to shift gears a bit and get into something that everyone loves to see--all the pretty details! As you may recall, I had a peacock theme with a teal and gold color scheme for the wedding. I wasn't able to find much inspiration for subtle and classy integrations of peacock feathers, so I kind of had to make it up as I went along. It's one thing to have a vision in your head and another thing to see it finally come together. The truth is, I had no idea how it would all look in the end, considering I hired a separate florist, got the table decor from a separate rental company, ordered the invitations and printed materials from a shop on Etsy, etc.
So to my surprise (and extreme delight), I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how beautifully everything had come together, from the ceremony to the reception.
All photos by Sarelle Photos (unless otherwise noted)
|Ceremony aisle candle|
|Huge floral arrangements framing the ceremony aisle|
|Name card table and card box|
|Shot of the card table from outside of the hotel|
|Close-up of reception table with teal napkins, gold table runner and band table name|
|High centerpiece on the left, low centerpiece on the right|
|Menus (one per table)|
|Votive candles on reception table|
|Lounge area with rented sectional couch and reused floral arrangement from ceremony|
|Names of our favorite bands (instead of table numbers) on left; info on our Wedding Party photo streaming app upper right; I Spy lower right|
|Ceremony aisle upper left; menu lower left; ceremony program right / Photos by our wedding planner|
|Lounge area and illuminated bar upper right; ceremony aisle lower right / Photos by our wedding planner|
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!