All photos by Sarelle Photos (unless otherwise noted).
|A guest signing one of our record albums|
|Our signed albums hanging on the wall at home / Personal photos|
While I know this isn't by any means a unique thing to do at a wedding, this was the first time our families had seen something like this, so the look on their faces when they saw the photos was absolutely PRICELESS.
|They were all SO excited to see these! / Personal photo from guest|
|My parents and Mr. M's grandparents couldn't stop posing with their photos / Personal photo from guest|
|Our mothers discussing the photos / Personal photo from guest|
|Close ups of the albums and parents' photos|
But before all this happened, we were with our immediate family members in the room taking family portraits. Family portraits are funny because while I know they are necessary, it's hard work standing there for 45 minutes in nearly the same pose with a permanent smile plastered on your face--my cheeks were KILLING me after awhile and I couldn't wait to get downstairs to join our guests for the remainder of cocktail hour! But we definitely got some gems out of that session--I won't bore you with them all, so I'll just share some fun ones.
When we were finally done, we arrived at cocktail hour to excited cheers from our guests. It's weird to say, but it really feels like being a celebrity for a day when you are a bride or groom. Everyone wants to chat with you, take a picture with/of you or just hug and kiss you. But the difference is that you are surrounded by people who genuinely love and care for you--and we loved every minute of it! After we got there, our photographers took these great overhead shots.
|Me noshing on an app / Personal photos from guest|
|Mr M. and his grandparents / Personal photo from guest|
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!