Friday, May 24, 2013

The Day Before the Best. Day. Ever

Hive, I can't believe I'm finally getting married tomorrow.  I'm sitting here in our amazing room, blow drying my hair and just had room service delivered because I realized I forgot to eat today.  I spent a glorious morning at the spa getting a massage and pedicure....and remembering to eat completely slipped my mind.  I got back to the room and Mr. M came about 30 minutes later, gave me crap for not eating and immediately ordered me room service (this is why he's a keeper).  Saying that the past few days have a complete whirlwind is an under statement!

All photos are personal.
Incredible room--this is where us ladies will get primped tomorrow
Caesar Salad courtesy of room service
As our friends and family have been getting in to Montreal over the past 3 days, it's been such an overwhelming feeling to see all these people we know and love gathering in one location.  They've traveled from near and far to be here and it's just...incredible.  Mr. M and I have been so busy the past few days running last minute wedding errands, greeting people as they get to town, dinners, and more that I have to keep remembering to cherish this time and enjoy the moment.

The weather has been pretty shitty here with these weird off and on showers and there's a good chance it might rain tomorrow, but for as much as that was getting me down (Montreal is such a beautiful city so it's too bad it hasn't been sunny the whole time), it seems like all our guests so far are having a ball--people are exploring the city, trying new restaurants, going on tours, checking out the spas, etc.  The welcome bags and itineraries were also a big hit so I'm glad that worked out :)

After I'm done with my hair, I've got to get dressed for our ceremony rehearsal at 5:30--luckily there was no other event at the hotel today so they've already started setting up the ceremony space (whoo-hoo!), then off to the Welcome Dinner at 7pm.

I'm a lot more calm than I thought I would be at this point--the only things stressing me out right now are the weather (which I know, there's nothing I can do about) and about getting some sleep.  I didn't sleep well at all last night so that's the biggest thing I'm freaked out about.  Otherwise, everything seems ready to go for tomorrow.  Now I've just got to focus on staying as calm as possible, while enjoying every moment of this incredible weekend.  All in preparation for tomorrow, which I'm expecting to be the BEST. DAY. EVER.

Wish me luck hive and see you on the other side!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment