All photos by Sarelle Photos.
Now we aren't shy people by any means, but first dances can feel a bit awkward. Not only is everyone intently watching as you sway together, but a three minute dance suddenly feels like an hour. So the only thing we could think to do (besides dancing and occasionally cracking up) was just to gaze into each others' eyes and sing the song to each other.
I have a vague memory of Mr. M whispering to me that he wanted to dip me, which I was totally on board with (as long as he didn't accidentally drop me of course!) It was a sweet way to end our dance and it made for an even better photo op :)
|Pretty smooth dip!|
My dad is quite the showman and an incredible dancer, so as all the guests serenaded us by singing along to the song (because come on, who doesn't know/love this song?), my dad started making up some sweet, sweet dance moves.
|Guests cracking up as I try to keep up with dad|
|I think I'm serenading him here!|
Next up, Mr. M dances with his mom and we surprise his grandparents with an anniversary dance!
Missed a recap? Catch up here;
- We enter the reception to some bad-ass tunes.
- Our record album guestbooks wow the guests.
- Peacock theme done right.
- Officially husband and wife!
- We write vows that make everyone cry.
- Our officiant and readers say some lovely words during the ceremony.
- We walk down the aisle to beautiful music.
- Despite the rain, we get creative with bridal party shots.
- We have a fun first look session.
- We get all bridal-y and groom-y.
- I put on the most beautiful dress I’ll ever wear.
- The guys do guy-like things and get dressed.
- We jam out to seriously awesome tunes and get very pretty.
- The girls get gifts as we prep to get primped.
- How I became the most relaxed bride ever.
- With a potential crisis thankfully averted, I reveal my welcome dinner surprise to Mr. M.
- A scary and dramatic start to the welcome dinner.
- Feelin’ hella good with hella expensive champagne.
- Practice, practice, practice!