Monday, November 11, 2013

This Modern Love: Guests Drop it Like it's Hot

As I mentioned, the guests prematurely started the dance party--and it was a pretty incredible sight to see.  These special people in our lives who had mostly all just met each other, were friends and family, young and old, black and white--were partying together as if they'd always known each other.  If only the UN were like this!

All photos by Sarelle Photos.
Grandpa has some serious moves!!
Not much needs to be said, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. What I will say is that DJ Yo-C was the best DJ I've ever heard live.  For weeks (and even months) after the wedding, our guests couldn't stop raving about him.  Saying he knew how to read a crowd is the understatement of the year.

He's actually a resident DJ at some of Montreal's hottest night clubs and also DJs huge events in the US--particularly in LA and NYC, so weddings are more of a side gig for him.  I'm convinced that without him, we wouldn't have had nearly as many people on the dance floor all night long. 

Me, my sister and her two besties singing our hearts out.  I wish I remembered the song!
I never noticed my dad in the background until looking at this picture now.  This is amazing!
Since a lot of the family members from my side were at the wedding, I let DJ Yo-C know that we absolutely had to play some Haitian and Spanish music.  And when one song came on (it's basically an anthem at any Haitian party) the Haitians in the room went crazy and started waving the teal linens around, particularly my dad because that's his favorite party song!

Me and my dad gettin' low.  Now you can see who I get my dance moves from!

The energy in the room was electric--even people who didn't know the song started getting down.
BM M and my other childhood BFF Omar on the left; my cousin and BM R on the right
GM M dancing up all the ladies!
And then there was this--my friend's husband doing the worm, and my cousin whipping her hair back and forth like Willow Smith.


And so the party raged on....

I'm guessing there was some kind of dance-off going on here
"A little bit softer now, a little bit softer now".  Dancing to "Shout"!
GM Z and BM A.I. dancing hard!
And on...

GM K's fiancee on the left; my old boss & cousin on the right
Good looking group of people here!
And on!

You know it's a rager when ladies start putting their dress fabric over their heads!
My sister (MOH), my cousin, Mr. M and me at the bar
I was over the moon with how all my months of planning had culminated into this day of pure perfection, so it was time for me to really let loose and finally enjoy a draaank (or three, but who's counting)!

Shots! Shots! Shots!
Next up, photo booth fun!




Missed a recap?  Catch up here;

0 comments:

Post a Comment