Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This Modern Love: A Guy, A Girl and A (First) Look

As I mentioned, the weather was crap in Montreal the day of the wedding so we had to make a game time decision that morning on where we'd do the first look.  We decided to utilize the room we were staying in--it was one of the Nelligan's penthouses and was not only very spacious but also beautiful with gorgeous views from the windows and the balcony.  We weren't going to let crappy weather rain on our parade (pun intended).

One of our photographers called down to the conference room where Mr. M was getting ready and let him know that he could come upstairs.  In the meantime, they decided to "hide" me in our bedroom so he wouldn't see me when he came in.  When I heard the knock on the front door, my heart started racing and I couldn't stop smiling.  Yes we spent the night together, but this would be the first time we would see each other as bride and groom.

All photos by Sarelle Photos.

Setting up the scene

I took a peek at him through the bedroom door, then slowly made my way out to where he was standing. 

A pretty standard first look, but still fun
Surprise!!
We were so happy to see each other, and he kept saying how beautiful I looked and how gorgeous my dress was (he thought the feathers were a very cool touch!)  I let him know how handsome he looked and how impressed I was that he picked out all the tux elements for customization himself (though I do take credit for finding him his Cole Haan shoes!)


Once we were done checking each other out, it was time for our couple portraits.  This was one of my favorite parts of the day--just spending an hour alone with each other (and the photogs of course) and taking some beautiful photos.  Since we had done our e-shoot the previous summer, we felt like naturals in front of the camera and so incredibly comfortable with our photographers.

One of my favorite shots from the day
I like these two pictures because I have no idea what we're doing--the one on the left looks like he's frisking my boobs and I guess I was "fixing" his tie on the right LOL


We had a similar pose from our e-shoot, so it was cool to bring it full circle
Another one of our favorites from the day
We then stepped out onto the balcony for a few more shots.  You can't even really tell it's raining and freezing outside!


And then we proceeded out into the hallway for what I consider our va-va-voom shots.  I just love the use of shadows and light in these.




Then we moved on to the Nelligan's beautiful indoor atrium for some final couple portraits.




Next up--after enjoying our little session together, it was time to add the bridal party into the mix!







Miss a recap?  Fret not!  Catch up below;

0 comments:

Post a Comment