Thursday, August 22, 2013

This Modern Love: An Ode to the Most Beautiful Dress I'll Ever Wear

My beloved Pronovias Benicarlo
 Oh my dress--how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  I was inexplicably drawn to it when I first scoured the internet looking for wedding dresses and it was actually the first dress I pinned on Pinterest early on during wedding planning.  Then, it was love at first sight when I finally got to try on a sample at Pronovias.  And 8 months after that, when my actual dress came in for my first fitting, I knew it was meant to be.  

Never in a million years did I think I would go for the puffy ballgown dress, but I loved how even though the Benicarlo looks very bridal, the wavy pattern of the organza skirt and the added touch of white feathers on the bodice made it look much more trendy and modern.  And when I had decided on a peacock-themed wedding, the feathered bodice just tied it all together.

Once the photographers were done with the guys, they headed back upstairs to get shots of me putting my dress on.

All photos by Sarelle Photos.

I loved the idea of a custom hanger for my dress, but it seemed that most brides choose to customize it with their new last name.  Since I've been torn on the whole changing my last name thing, I decided to customize it with our wedding date instead.

I ordered this custom hanger from the Whiskey & Wedding Bells shop on Etsy
Admiring the view
My dress with two BM gowns
We had the bridesmaids put their dresses on once we decided that for photo op purposes, it would look nicer to have them in the dresses rather than in their robes when helping me get dressed.

BM AI getting me into my dress
BM AI had come with me to two of my fittings, so she was an expert on how to get me into the dress.
BM AI - "Hold it up and suck it in!"


Once I was (comfortably) into the dress and actually able to breathe, it was time for the other girls to help me finished getting dressed.


BM K and BM AM putingt my earrings on
And last but not least, my fabulous Kate Spade Corinne shoes!  Still couldn't believe my luck in finding a shoe that had both my wedding colors--it's fate I tell you!


BM M putting on my shoe--how lovely it is to have bridesmaids!


Now that I officially looked like a bride, it was time to take some individual photos before our first look!







 Miss a recap?  Fret not!  Catch up below;

0 comments:

Post a Comment